two new Putz house patterns

I enjoy drawing patterns for Putz houses. Today I picked two pictures from my Putz Pinterest board and drew patterns for them, in prep for my friend’s visit tomorrow. We are going to putz all day!

This little glitter house reminds me of Dr. Seuss. I am developing ideas for making a Dr. Seuss style Putz house village.

When I draw a new pattern, I like to build the house in paper before making it in heavier card stock. I can check to be sure it fits properly and that all the pieces are right before investing time in a more permanent piece.

new Putz house patterns

When finished this little house will have icicles all the way around the roof.

new Putz house patterns

The other pattern I drew was for this house.

It had more detail than the first house, but the pattern came together pretty well. I left the dormer off the roof, but I think I’ll go ahead and add it tomorrow.

new Putz house patterns

I’m looking forward to a fun day of putzing!

My Putz house tutorials can be found at this link: Putz / Little Glitter Houses

~~Rhonda

23 Comments

1. Posted March 11, 2013 at 6:44 am | Permalink

I love the first putz.so glittery!LOL,I love anything with glitter so I think I will like making putz houses…Still haven’t gotten to make any yet,maybe this will be my summer hobbie..(I like to get into a new hobbie each summer)

2. Mary L Scanlon
    Posted December 30, 2013 at 4:33 pm | Permalink

Would you publish a pattern of these? I’d love to make them but am not so good at drawing. Thanks

3. Lesley Hitch
    Posted January 13, 2014 at 9:56 pm | Permalink

Your houses are beautiful Rhonda!

I am just beginning to put together my own little putz village. I would love to add these. Any chance I could pay you to send me the unfinished houses in pieces. I enjoy the decorating, painting, etc., but I’m not very good at putting the plans together, so I have been purchasing kits when I can find them.

Thanks and hope to hear from you,
    Lesley Hitch

4. L.L. Dambrosi
    Posted April 27, 2014 at 11:50 am | Permalink

How do I avail myself of your tutorials?

5. puddin
    Posted June 8, 2014 at 10:12 am | Permalink

I want to start making putz houses but don’t know how to start. Is there a book out there with basic instructions? Also, what type of mica flakes do you use? Pearl, starlight, iradescent???
    Thanks, love both of your new houses.

6. Mary-Ellen
    Posted September 14, 2014 at 11:55 am | Permalink

These putz houses are beautiful. I can remembers my grandmothers little glittery houses and would love to make one. I am wondering if you would consider selling the pattern/templates.

Thank you for sharing, I love it all – sloped roof, glitter and all of the details! Mary-Ellen

7. Tracey
    Posted September 23, 2014 at 7:24 am | Permalink

Puddin, check out the website cardboard christmas, there are designs and loads of tips on making putz houses.

8. jim
    Posted December 7, 2014 at 5:42 am | Permalink

Very nice greets from Holland

9. Posted December 11, 2014 at 5:58 am | Permalink

Love the houses! Can you please scan your drawings and share them? Let me know if you do, and I’ll put link to your site and project on my blog. Thanks!

10. Mona
    Posted December 15, 2014 at 8:40 am | Permalink

Hi Rhonda! I love the whimsical Dr. Seuss style house. Do you have a printable template for this one and the other one you feature in this blog? Please say yes! :0)

11. Floriane
    Posted December 21, 2014 at 4:07 am | Permalink

GORGEOUS creations and the tutorials are fantastic. I’m planning on making Putz houses as placemats for a few guests in Mid-January, so everything I can find about them is most welcome.

KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK and thanks for sharing it!

Flo (France)

12. Dawn
    Posted December 23, 2014 at 8:39 am | Permalink

You are AMAZING! Can’t wait to see more patterns

13. Laura
    Posted January 12, 2015 at 4:25 pm | Permalink

Great looking Putz Houses, Rhonda! If you ever decide to work up a template/tutorial for the two houses you’ve got featured on this page I too would appreciate it. I realize it’s a lot of work so am willing to purchase it from you as well. Thanks for sharing!
    Laura

14. Gini
    Posted May 2, 2015 at 5:24 pm | Permalink

also would love the pattern and instructions and am willing to pay for them. Great and beautiful work!

15. Diana
    Posted July 29, 2015 at 8:30 am | Permalink

Ilove your little house are you going to share I hope so is there a website that has free patterns
    Thanks

16. Marlyn Nielsen
    Posted October 4, 2015 at 10:47 am | Permalink

Do you sell your patterns? I would love to have a source for such a great design.
    Thanks,
    Marilyn

17. Joan emberton
    Posted October 8, 2015 at 8:50 am | Permalink

What r the finished sizes? Do. U ever put them together and sell them that way? I would be very interested.

18. Kathy Blomquist
    Posted November 2, 2015 at 10:14 pm | Permalink

Where can I get putz patterns? I make gingerbread houses and I love love love these houses.

19. Kathy Blomquist
    Posted November 6, 2015 at 1:26 am | Permalink

How Can I get this patern?

20. Noma noorda
    Posted January 26, 2016 at 8:50 pm | Permalink

I love your houses also and would love to buy patterns or cut outs. Would you consider doing that?
    noma

21. Michelle Maple
    Posted November 8, 2016 at 8:18 am | Permalink

Do you sell your patterns?

22. Suezanne
    Posted December 31, 2016 at 3:42 pm | Permalink

love this house the most and would love to have a template for this so I can make it for my granddaughter. Willing to pay for it. A reply would be lovely even if its a straight no’
    Thanks in anticipation
    Sue

23. Posted December 31, 2016 at 10:54 pm | Permalink

These particular patterns are not for sale or available as they are drawn for my own use from commercially available Putz houses.

However, I am happy to make a pattern from a vintage house of your choice. I would need a picture of the desired house. Patterns from vintage houses would be made available in my Etsy shop. I hope to have some available this month. I’m still working on that.

I would be happy to sell a pattern for any of the Putz houses in my Etsy shop, if you see one there that you like. I’ve drawn all those patterns from vintage houses or my own imagination. Price would be $5:00 for the pattern. It would not include embellishments.

I have several tutorials for making Putz houses, bases, fences, etc., that would be helpful if you haven’t tried making one before.

Please ask if you have any questions, at all. I am happy to help.

Note: All proceeds from my crafting, including my Etsy shop, support aid and ministry to children and their families in the largest slum in Africa. I appreciate the support from my customers in helping these children who are in such great need.

~~Rhonda