I tried a delicious new bread called Jo’s Rosemary Bread. It is written for a bread machine. No bread machine here, so I kneaded it in the KitchenAid and baked it in the oven.
- 1 cup warm water
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons white sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning [I used 1/4 tsp. dried oregano and 1/4 tsp. dried basil.]
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried rosemary [I used 1 tsp. finely chopped fresh rosemary.]
- 2 1/2 cups bread flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons active dry yeast
The recipe calls for dry rosemary, but I used a teaspoon of finely chopped fresh rosemary, which was plenty for our taste.
I decided to forgo the pan and formed the loaf, transferring it to rise on a cookie sheet lined with no-stick foil. Out of parchment paper.
It baked at 375* for about 50 minutes.
DD thought it tasted just like the bread we get at the Macaroni Grill. We even put olive oil and freshly cracked black pepper on saucers for dipping our bread. 🙂
The recipe is definitely a keeper. ~~Rhonda